Anovos STD phaser

I agree

I know. I have drank the Koolaid too many times with Anovos and have not learned my lesson. I think the problem is, I believe (rightly or not), that by buying from Anovos, I am getting an item that is worth more.
The future because it is “officially licensed.” In reality, the MR lightsabers for instance were not all that accurate (there are exceptions to the rule however). That being said, their prices are through the roof on the secondary market. Making them a worthy investment. I love my collection of props, and some of my best pieces are made with care and pride, filled with accuracy by many of our prop community. However, if we are looking or hooong to get a return on our investment, which some are. The provenance of being officially licensed adds to the value. That is why Anovos gets away with their insane preorder process (taking 100% of the money upfront and missing multiple stated release estimates) and substandard quality control (i.e. the Discovery phaser). I can’t say the quality of the uniforms has been bad, but the same can’t be said for their helmets and props (at least that has been my experience). I think we need a license holder for Trek, like Sideshow who only takes a reasonable non-refundable deposit and releases products with exceptional quality almost all the time (I have never had an issue with the quality of my many Sideshow pieces).

My issue with Anovos is not that its taking so long to receive the phaser, its that they clearly don’t learn from past mistakes. This is the first purchase I’ve made with them. But, I’ve since learned that they constantly miss delivery dates. If I were “Mr. Anovos” and my people told me that it would take 3 months to deliver product, I would tell my customers it’s going to take 6 months. I’d do this because I know my people get this wrong all the time. If by chance they can deliver in 3 months, you look like a hero and you have happy customers. If your people are wrong again, you have extra time to get it right. I can’t comment on their quality since I have’nt examine any of their products yet. But, for right now all I can do is wait, and wait, and wait, and wait…

I agree. I used to tell my customers the same thing when I worked for one of the big box lumber chains.LOL !!!

From re-reading this thread, it sounds like the last person to receive their phaser was in mid July. Has anyone else received their phaser since mid July? I’m in Wave 2, according to Anovos delivery schedule they’re suppose delivery Wave 2&3 by Sept.21. The last time I contacted them, they directed me to their delivery schedule. That was in mid July. And the wait continues…

September yes. But, what year

THUS SPAKE ANOVOS

This is Reggie from ANOVOS with new information about your order for the STAR TREK DISCOVERY Starfleet Hand Phaser Interactive Prop Replica (Pre-Order - Waves Two, Three and Four). The production of these intricately detailed phaser replicas has been completed this season. The final safety testing and approvals are currently in process and we anticipate them to be completed very soon. There is a possibility that these requirements may not be completed before the end of the Summer season, and as such we are moving the projected shipping of these items to Fall 2018. Once a more precise determination is made of when these replicas will arrive to our Fulfillment Center I will notify you via a future update.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and support as we continue to provide you with the products you yearn for as you expand your collections. I invite you to check our website frequently as we are very happy to be adding several new products to our Star Trek catalog this year, each infused with the beauty and quality you have come to expect from us. We are certain that you will be happy with them too. Thank you for being an ANOVOS customer!

As your Customer Supply Liaison it is my goal to ensure each and every one of our customers are kept up-to-date on the progress of their orders. I will continue to monitor the progress of this production run and update you if any new details arise in regards to your order.

Sincerely,

Reggie Scott
Customer Supply Liaison

I’m in WAVE 3. I don’t know about anyone else, but the only thing I “yearn for” is the phaser I paid for in full almost 10 months ago.

David

Oh of course…“final safety testing” ???.. Blinding bright LED issue ??? LOL

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

These people kill me. I’m in wave 2 and I did’nt receive a email like this at all. Anovos just has the worst customer service, they really don’t have a clue what their doing. I’ve worked in a customer service business for the last 35 years. Anovos just does’nt get the basics right. They don’t get their schedules right, they miss deadlines (over and over), they don’t communicate in a timely manor with their customers, and most of all, they don’t learn from past mistakes. This is a company that is ripe for competition. If some other company started selling these same products and got the basics right, they’d put Anovos out of business. And Anovos would deserve it, poorly run businesses deserve to go out of business.

Is it like this with all their products?

Got that message today as well.

Please send me the address. He can fix the shitty paint job mine was shipped with. I’ll be waiting until 2030 for Anovos to replace it.

I had a little fun with the msg that was sent. It is worded more as it should be. Then how they have it.

THUS SPAKE ANOVOS

This is Reggie from ANOVOS with new/old information about your order for the STAR TREK DISCOVERY Starfleet Hand Phaser Interactive Prop Replica (Pre-Order - Waves Two, Three and Four). The production of these intricately detailed phaser replicas has been almost completed for this season. The final safety testing and printing and approvals are currently in process and we anticipate them to be completed very soon we hope. There is a great probability that these requirements will not be completed before the end of the Summer season of 2019 and as such we are moving the projected shipping of these items to Fall 2020. Once more a really good guess is made as to when these replicas will arrive to our Fulfillment Center I might notify you via a future update. Please do not get your hopes up tho.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and support and money as we can not provide you with the products you yearn for as you try to expand your collections. I invite you to check our website frequently as we are very happy to be adding several new products to our Star Trek catalog this year. These will take as long, if not longer to make. Sincerely,

Reggie Scott
Customer Supply Liaison

“fall 2020”. I see your a “glass is half full” kinda guy?

LOI. Am the guy that says. You gonna drink that

I just received Anovos latest update. I love this line, “The final safety testing and printing and approvals are currently in process” . If after all this I receive the phaser and it’s a POS, I’m gonna really be pissed off. It better be a work of art.

LOL, safety?..did someone get a finger pinched at the trigger-guard…and printing approvals???..machines crank-out the CAD/CAM designs that get put-in.

A little honesty goes a long way, How about; “we are shipping late due to a horrible QC issues on the paint finish” or " we are shipping late because the subcontractor delivered lousy product and we were forced to use an alternate subcontractor".

Delays happen for real and specific reasons. I give my clients the real reason and real timeline when there is a delay.

May Anovos Management Read This Snippet.

But wait, this just in from our friends at Anovos Support;

We wanted to let you know that we’ve closed out your ticket 19587 as it has been handled to its conclusion at present. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this message or submit a new ticket to us.

“Concerns” huh? Where to start…

I think that has to do with a inquire about your order. I received a similar email back in July. If you notice the “ticket number” does not match your invoice number. At least my ticket number does’nt match my invoice number. I’ve made several inquires to them about my order, I’m assuming that it’s about those inquires. Never the less, I’ve emailed Anovos for a exact explanation of that email. I suggest you do the same.