Boozy Trek [TOS Bottle Discussion Only Please]

Always loved chatting with Greg about the props on your show

I finally got this done this weekend. Gave the bottle a soak in warm water with dish soap and baking soda to remove the original labels. This bottle is not only worth a ransom to Trek collectors… There are bottle collectors who would freak out at the notion of removing a nearly 100 year old label off the bottle. So wanted
to preserve the labels (you never know…) The labels sloughed off rather nicely in the solution and I air dried them on a nylon cutting board so they wouldnt re-adhere. I’ll archive the original labels…
The new label that I printed out on that water fixed label stock is amazing. It bonds to the glass just like the original, the water doesnt affect the print as it was laser printed. And because it is not a sticker it looks much more convincing as a “real” label in the end.

I so need to finish mine up.

I just won one the other day.
Delivered 20 minutes ago!!

Would you be more specific on the brand and style of the label you used?

I don’t have a Laser printer so anything that you recommend would be helpful…

Thanks

OK, I have almost everything you have on display in my collection.
The ones I don’t have I know are just “impossible” to find but I have to ask…

WHERE’D YOU GET THE GREY STYROFOAM CUP WITH THE PINSTIPPING!!!

PS I’m disabled and am dying to pay you a visit. You’re about 5 hours away and traveling Is next to impossible for me but I’m hoping to feel well enough in the future!!
Your dedication is not only amazing but the envy of every Trekker…EVER!!

Also, do you know how to build an Atavachron?

check the earlier part of the thread where I posted the pics of the actual material.

Yes, yes I do… do you need to be prepared ?

I was born ready but not necessarily “Prepared!”
I’m trying to ID the metallic tripod base where he looked at the disks.

I believe it’s the same one used in Return to Tomorrow that held Sargon’s consciousness too?

Gaston produced one a few years back.

This came in the mail today.

Great find!

So much for shipping liquids and perishables through the mail! :wink:

I love it when the mail comes.

Is that a screw top ?

All that info is further back in the thread

I think it is a screw top, yes.

I’ve got a second bottle just like that one coming in the mail, and I’m thinking I might look at using a Dremel with a diamond blade and a makeshift water supply to cut the threaded part off. I’ve had good luck cutting bottles like that before so what the heck. Or not, depends on if the spirit moves me. I might just slap some new labels on the both of them and call it good.

I see what you did there… if the Spirit moves me…
I’m wondering how long this product was offered
on the market… My bottle and box is from the 30’s ( as it was described)
Your fine catch appears to be 50’s or 60’s…

Mine is definitely later, I think you’re right about it being a mid-century thing.

Found this bottle in a thrift store the other day.

It is very close to an Old Rarity bottle, but not an exact match. So once I get all the tole painting off of it, and slap a label on it, it will be a stand in until I can locate a real bottle someday.

Terry