Desktop Monitor TOS

I’m not sure which way I’m going to go with this build, I am definitely going to build a working monitor but I’m not sure by what means. I’ll be following your progress closely as I’m intrigued by the possibilities of the Raspberry Pi. Will you be documenting your build, Steve (subtle hint)?

The monitor screen was in the mailbox today! Made it in one piece and is working fine with the Raspberry Pi.

Cool.

What cracks me up the most about this monitor from China is it comes with zero documentation! No evidence of even what voltage to run it at. LOL luckily Sharon had drawn the block diagram earlier in the thread so I followed her lead with 12v DC. Sharon I hope you don’t mind but I am going to shamelessly copy your monitor design.

Don’t mind at all Steve, there’s no need to re-invent the wheel, don’t want people selling them though.

The TFT monitor specs were in the purchase listing, I posted those specs above and later made up a block diagram for my TOS Desktop Monitor/Computer to help others follow along and build their own.

Okay, that cinches it…I’m going with the Raspberry Pi. I’ll be ordering that and the monitor today. This looks like it’s going to be a very fun build apart from the inevitable moments of hair pulling and hand wringing associated with me learning new technology. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Can someone post the height/width of the screen opening as well as the available H/W space inside, behind the bezel? Thanks.

Even though I’ve decided to go with the Raspberry Pi I thought I would share my original plan. This may appeal to someone that might want an even easier way to have a functioning monitor.
Once you’ve installed the monitor and components you could use an ipad with a lightening to HDMI adapter.

So here is the general set up minus a audio circuit.

Close up of the desktop.

Top left clockwise… Wireless keyboard, monitor driver board, HDMI cable, Raspberry Pi and flat screen monitor.

Better lighting!

Wow, very impressive!

Very Nice @pielock373

Would love to do that to my kit but no electronic skills here

What Xlowes said. Watching along, salivating…

Raspberry Pi: https://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-Power-Supply-Listed/dp/B07BC6WH7V/ref=pd_sxp_redirect

Keyboard/mouse remote:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5SW8MC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you do electronics salivating is not recommended !! LOL !!!

That’s why I don’t do electronics…lol