Geordi's Red Engineering PADDs

Just picked this up from the 3d printers, very excited to get started! It is not a perfect replica but I am happy enough with the outcome:)

Thank you sir! Starting my google search now…

Would this work for the rectangles?

It could, if the color is truly black. I’ve noticed Washi tape sometimes has a desaturated/washed out look to it and is sometimes a little translucent.

I’ll have to look for it. Just trying to avoid having a ton of black vinyl that I won’t have a lot of use for.

Black shelf paper works well and is cheap.

Capital idea! Thanks!

Here is a less commonly known bit of artwork for another variation of this PADD.

Here is my first color done. A custom mix of clear red and flamingo pink pearl pigment. I think the color came out about right.

Here we have the second color added. Custom mix clear red and red russet pearl pigment. I think I am going to redo the flamingo pink. It is a bit too pink I think.

Love it! Cant wait to see it complete! I am sanding mine at the moment!

Nice! It’s a pain to get the print lines out. My padd was at least a resin copy. However, I have done the filler putty on other props. Just picked up some xtc-3D to try to fill in the print lines. I have seen some amazing results with that stuff.

I will have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!

Toned down the Flamingo Pink a bit to look more like the on screen prop. What do you all think?

Pretty!

Nice work!

Good job.

Thank you gentlemen. Your work is my inspiration.

Looks awesome, I can only hope mine looks half as good when completed! Any tips for the painting/colours? I will have to use spray paint so maybe my options might be limited…what do you guys think?