About six months ago I finally took out a resin cricket phaser I bought 20+ years ago and built it up. It had recessed buttons and trigger, which I think matches the original season 1 design based on screen caps and a diagram from Rich Sternbach I found. I didn't like how the back end looked, so I extended it slightly. I also raised the power buttons and trigger because I liked that aspect of the later versions seen after season 2. I also liked the later paint schemes so I painted mine to look somewhat like that. I have now put "holster pouches" in most of my TNG uniforms, and made multiple copies of them (it's a sickness). But then.... a terrible thing happened. I decided I wanted the front end to light up, and being a GDI (gosh darned independent) I didn't want to buy one of the (awesome) Stapleton crickets. So, here we are in the beginning of a crazy scheme to figure out how to make hollow props.