So like my first tric build I think the hardest thing about putting one of these together is you have to be careful when you make an adjustment because one change here can impact something over there. I just spent an hour or so making a few adjustments, hood was a little off kilter, pretty much fixed that... the center drum was a little too far back, removed one screw and pushed forward, done.
When I added the spacer to the top back I neglected to add a spacer to the center back. As a result there was a gap so when pressing against the middle back it compressed, felt "spongy". Ugh... Simply adding a spacer to the back center resolved that issue, Now feels solid.
So again, if you are building a TOS tricorder my advice is to constantly check and re-check how everything fits together as you go along. I did that and still had to make a few adjustments.
On the display shelf now and should be DONE.
On to the next project.