Got the strap fitted:
I used chicago screws and webbing ends to tidy it up a bit.
Also added a few small vinyl bits to the controls / dressing panels. Those little black bits make a big difference!
I had various thickness of EVA foam to hand - 1 and 1.5mm, both of which turned out to be too thick. It fitted but it was so grippy that you have to force the Tric in. In the end I ordered some 0.5mm adhesive neoprene, mounted to 1mm styrene panels, which leaves some room for the Tric to move but it’s grippy enough that it won’t fall out when you tilt the case. The level of drag/resistance feels right for the Okuda video. The thinner neoprene also works well with the radius cutter tool which gives it a cleaner, Starfleet look.
The Tric slots in nicely now.
I re-instated the gold bits on the Tric panels, but have left the catch area bare. This feels like the the right balance, finally. Just the hypo rack to install and it’s actually finally done!