I have spent alittle time today working on my medkit. However, before I get into that I feel I must apologise to @norbauer, as it has occured to me that I am guilty of "going with the flow" of this thread, and have started to post my build pictures on the thread that he started for his own build! With that in mind Ryan, if you would like to move them, please feel free, I don't want you to feel like I am stealing your thunder, I just wanted to share along with you!
Anyway, back to the medkit. I have built the internal compartment, and also started cutting out some details, and test fitting the LED's.
For the keen eyed among you, no, the photos are not reversed, nor have I lost the plot (yet) the opening for the hypo compartment is indeed cut into the rear panel. That panel is the wrong size, so therefore scrap, hence I decided to use it as a test piece for the hypo compartment opening just to get the feel of the thing and test the depth of the compartment box. You can see here the difference in size of the scrap panel compared to the correctly sized replacement here.
I decided to use 10 5mm flat green LED's stuck together instead of a 10 bar graph LED unit, so I had great fun getting those together straight and level!
With regards to the electronics, I have decided to "cheat" and use a bought 10 LED chaser circuit, wired up to the 10 LED's in the lower compartment instead of scratch building the circuits. However, the boards do need building up so it's not a total cheat! The board is nice and small, as can be seen below.
With regards to access for the batteries etc, I have decided on the following setup. This is just a mock up to show my idea, as a picture speaks a thousand words!
The hook will locate over the lower edge of the opening, the 2 side pieces either side will fit snuggly inside to locate it all side to side, and rare earth magnets (thanks @Eric_Ardros
for the idea) placed at the two X's will keep the top from flapping about. Hopefully this will keep it all secure yet readily accessible.
As always, any and all comments suggestions and critisism is welcome. As a side note, I have found a few pictures from when I was making my Stappleton hypo kit last year that you may like.