Moving on with the door lighting. The LED chain was connected to the hinges and I moved the battery pack to the bottom for testing. The LEDs run on 6 volts by two 2032 coin batteries so a six volt power supply is the first power requirement.
After that a put a 0.020" piece of sheet styrene behind it and had a problem. The middle area of the lit oval was not getting as blue as it did with the mock-up which turned out to be due to the way the paper had been hanging. The solution was to make an oval bowl shape of the 0.020" styrene backing and I made, likely the most ugly ever, forming contraption from an old paint can, a small beach ball, two sheets of cut plywood, six clamps, and a heat gun and it worked!