After a lengthy recovery from a pretty severe shoulder/rotator cuff injury, I'm back in action and fully recovered. I now have full motion and strength back into my right shoulder, which was in a sling for a week. Thank God no surgery was needed. At the time of the injury, the pain was so bad I almost went to the emergency room, and thought I might have had to cancel my weekend. But all turned out well.
I've also been quite busy coaching my daughters softball team, which is a huge commitment. But the season will be over in 3 weeks until the playoff in the fall. So it's back to work on my project.
Live and learn. Going into this project I always thought the masters didn't need to be absolutely perfect before molding. I thought if there were any imperfections, I can simply repair or alter the buck itself. This turned out to be faulty thinking. It's best to get the masters as perfect as humanly possible before pouring a rubber mold. Trying to change the shape, or sand out seam lines from the buck has proven to be a mistake. The shells when formed, seem to pick up every little detail from the buck, that you never believe possible. but it does.
So anyway, due to some issues with the bottom buck, I rebuilt it. And as you can see, I sanded out all the seam lines on both the top and bottom. I have to purchase more rubber and pour a new mold for the bottom master, and then I can have both shells tested. I made corrections to the top as well, which really came out nice. I have a feel this will be the finale version. but I've said that before so we'll see :))
THE JAAAAAANNNKKK Is BACK!!!!!!!!!!