Time to update this thread. There wasn't much to see as it was all masking and painting for awhile, but the paint was dry enough and I finished them today.
These little lenses were fussy to get to fit without messing up the paint. There is also a black tape divider between them to keep the colors separated.
I decided to tape the grills into place first and then glue the tape down to prevent and epoxy from finding the cracks in the seams. You can also see the small magnet glued onto the brass tube.
The lids went on next. The one tricky part being to bond the one screw with the tube to the lid so the tube will rotate.
The rest of the circuit was then glued into place. Partially by epoxy and partially by hot glue. I had to extend one of the wires between the reed switch and the battery. I don't have Myron's kit so I don't know how that fits differently.