Here is the latest initial/intermediate master. My updated/improved 3D models were re-grown in resin, then those molded in investment (basically plaster). The resin was then burnt out, leaving a negative mold in the investment. Hot metal was poured in, and we got these three parts. The prong setting and circle are bronze, and the pyramid is silver. I asked for the pyramid in silver because it’s much easier to add the florentine finish to that relatively soft metal. I have much more control over the pattern that is created, that is to say.
These photos show the masters just laid together rather than riveted together and with the stone set, but they give a fair sense of the final piece’s geometry. Note that it’s still a bit too large, because this version accounts for all the shrinkage rates, so that the final version should be spot on with our calibrated best-guess of the size on the original.
These will become the new masters, which then be molded many times to create the production molds. But for now we’re just making a few prototypes for approval.