So I started my next build… a TOS Padd.
There have been drawings on the internet that people have used for this prop replica. But as usual… I like to reinvent the wheel… Something about the drawings didn’t seem right. I created vector files and added perspective and put the drawing over top of screen caps and photos and it didn’t fit correctly. Using this method, I am unable to determine the correct size, but rather the correct portions and placement of various things like the bulbs indicators, on off switch and writing area.
Given the 8.5 inch width of the plans I had, I started fiddling with the proportions. And to make something with 8.5" width fit the length had to be 1/4 inch longer, making it 8.5 x 11 (a standard sheet of paper)… makes sense I suppose.
So here is the revised drawing of face of the padd with my changes…
And here is the unit in its early stages