Was great to meet with you, Dave, and to do a bit of “show and tell” (which you have now propagated ). I’m really looking forward to seeing your own collection of “Trekanalia” in person.
Regarding the decal sheets, they were auctioned on eBay in late 2015 and early 2016; a rare opportunity which I pounced on. I don’t feel too too bad about “sequestering” them in my mancave, as I know there are other examples of both in the hands of others, including members of this very board.
I’d like to share something with the group I was able to “prove” (to my satisfaction at least, and to that of a few others I’ve previously shared this with) regarding the two small “signage” decals missing on the Enterprise decal sheet (from the area where the lacquer has yellowed); that:
"Inspection Door Vent Systems Connections" and
decals from the big sheet were used on the Galileo filming miniature, near the side door and rear hatch, respectively.
The big decal sheet also has reversed (mirror) versions of the small signage decals, which I photographed and “flipped”. Being that the Galileo I had built is 18 inches long and the original was 22 inches, I used that ratio (18/22=0.82) to reduce the size of the decals appropriately. I then cut them out of the flipped/reduced copy (see last photo in the series) and applied them to the model (temporarily).
I took some photos trying to mimic the angles of a couple bluescreen shots of the original filming model I am aware of and attached them below for a side-by-side comparison. The original bluescreen shots are not of very high resolution, but my recreations do allow one to read the signage and compare their overall shape and size to the originals. I think it’s pretty clear they are a match.
By the way, I specifically asked the artist who built my Galileo (Michael Kretschmer of KretschmerKreativ.com) to follow the markings from the smaller decal sheet and apply them as on the original filming model (they differed a bit in both style and placement from those on the mockup).
Finally, I’ve attached some other pics of my 1/350 scale Polar Lights model, which I did not build, but did some “finishing work” on - including trying to get the most accurate bussard effect I could (frosted outer domes, Tamiya orange inner domes, reduced spin rate with resistors, and light blocking around the edges).
Original Video - More videos at TinyPic