I've sort of gone down the rabbit hole of entirely 3D modeling and scratch-fabricating this thing so I can make it as sleek and idealized as possible. For Starfleet props, I like them to hold up as much as possible on up-close real-world inspection and look like futuristic pieces of tech.
Since I already have the cast risers from Mike, I'm not fabricating those, but for the sake of it I built a 3D model of that part too, just so I could mock-up the sizing properly and fit my scratch-fabricated screen around it.
Here is the screen frame by the way that I built from multiple layers of laser-cut acrylic, all body filled and primed. (Those are just splatters of polishing compound on the riser. It wipes off with a damp sponge.)
And here after wet sanding multiple primer coats (in different colors to guide sanding) to smooth the surface.
(nevermind the random hypospray mockup in there)
The screens are so smooth to the touch after wet sanding that they almost feel soft.
And the rear screen plug fits in very nicely. Here I'm using tape to hold it in place, as I'll install the threaded inserts later.
I also did some quick 3D printing to verify my modeling of the base. I'm feeling pretty good about it.
Now I'll hollow out the model for the base with holes and stand-off for the electronics and figure out how best to fabricate it. I might actually just try 3D printing it in parts, welding, and then finishing it with XTC 3D and sanding, though that is certainly the long way around compared to just getting it milled in ABS.