Well I have a project started that I can make a build thread about and it’s Voyager Desktop Viewers. The project started with buying parts from Michael Moore which consisted of a resin display base and a vacuformed display frame, and acquiring the APC power monitors for the bases. Since then Ryan Norbauer made complete display frames available, plus the black acrylic pads which will save me a lot of time with the builds. Thanks Ryan!
My first job was research so I began by looking at other builds and creating screen grabs. Based on the screen grabs I concluded that the back of the APC base was cut off by about 2 3/4" and 1/4" acrylic sheet was screwed on over the opening. I’m going to do that and use that 1/4" cover as the battery access.
So the building began with the APC bases. I found one of them had been broken at some point so repairing that was the first step.
To that aim I glued as much back together as I could find and that also made some sense, but there was a large area on a corner that was missing.
To fix all that I glued on styrene for backing and reinforcement, then used JB Weld to further reinforce the shell and replace the screw posts that were destroyed. The remaining missing area was filled with “bondo”.