Desktop Monitor TOS

That is really looking good Sharon…

Nicely engineered!

I used Rustoleum Professional Light Machine Grey I think @Buddahaid recommended it…

I was wondering too what @rel571996 did to secure the switches. He beautifully routed them out to fit to the right level for us. I was thinking maybe hot melt glue gun…

I used Gorilla Epoxy on mine

with all this talk of desktop monitors I realized I have extra switches laying around. if anyone is interested in them drop me a pm

Except those are not the correct switches; not enough ridges :slight_smile:

ya… wasn’t sure. but I thought I’d put it out there…

Got the bottom section wired n assembled.

How’d you separate the two parts? I’ve been looking at mine, wanting to do the same thing, but haven’t been able to find any accessible screws.

This is why I love a thread just for @rel571996 s build. We can all help each other n see what they all look like!
So… look inside The monitor cavity. You will see two holes. One main center hole. Then there’s an offset hole that you use with a shorter screwdriver to reach the four screws that hold the plate into the base. Have to spin it around to reach them :slight_smile:

Ah, I wondered what that off-set hole was for, lol. Thanks @wood4sheep2 :wink: And you’re so right. These kind of threads help everyone to collaborate and encourage one another’s builds along. I love it!

I agree, this is exactly the kind of thread these forums need more of. It’s great to show a built prop, but it’s so much better to share methods and post build pics. Isn’t that why we’re here, to learn and improve techniques?

This is so awesome @digigal excited to watch your monitor develop…

do you or anyone else have the colors for the cards?

This was done by Greg Schnitzer a few years ago which shows the data card colors:

This is in Greg’s words of what he used…

Here are the color codes for the eight colors I used. As I’ve said before, we use Wal-Mart paint since Wal-Mart is just about the only place we can get paint in our one-horse town.

Energy Red:
Accent Base
F-1
Kx-13
R-2Y33.5
T-6.5

Orange Alert:
Accent Base
C-9
Kx-Y4
R-Y4.5
T-Y10.5

Sunburst Orange:
Accent Base
C-2.5
Kx-Y19
R-6.5
T-Y28

Elegant Thai Silk:
Accent Base
Kx-147
Axx-1Y40.5
R-1

Green Palm:
Accent Base
AXX-Y36
D-3.5
Kx-31
L-5.5

Ivy Wreath:
AXX-32.5
D-Y17
Kx-20
L-3.5

True Blue:
Accent Base
E-Y17
Kx-28
L-1.5
V22.5

Sequoia:
Accent Base
C-23
F-11
Kx-32
L-12

Also don’t forget about the Desert Cards…
Dessert 1
Dessert 2

They look yummy!:rofl:

Got the top back on. Nice design work @rel571996 Got the lights mounted n up n running.