OK...just wanted to post my latest progress. I know this is taking a real long time before I try to make these available. But I really do want them to be as good as possible, and as close as possible to an original. Here is a test pull from my latest buck with some corrections made from my previous one.
From left to right:
Left is my previous buck
Center is my latest
Right is a Dsteins
Some of the corrections are apparent. I made the control knob well a bit deeper which was a bit too shallow on my previous attempt. I closed in all the edges a bit so there is less negative space all around. Morie well is just a bit deeper too.
It's quite possible this might be my finale version. Aside from maybe rounding out the corners a bit, I don't see much more I can do. Right now I'm searching for my 3D printed shell which has gone missing for the moment, so i can make a comparison off of that which is what these bucks/shells where built to duplicate.